Who will represent your values?
Kentucky Attorney General Race
The information below was compiled by voting records and a candidate questionnaire distributed by the Commonwealth Policy Center,
a nonprofit, nonpartisan Kentucky organization.
(1) Even though Stumbo voted yes to the informed consent bill (SB 4) (1/28/16) as Speaker of the House, he originally failed to vote on a procedural motion that would have revived the ultrasound bill. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/16RS/AB4.htm. While Stumbo was Speaker (the most powerful member of the Kentucky House), all but one pro-life bill died. For this reason and for past votes he cannot be relied upon to protect innocent human life.
(2) Sponsored HB 416 (2/27/13) (House Committee Substitute) which expanded gambling in Kentucky by creating two new lottery games. It also expanded digital video slot machines at horse tracks under the auspices of shoring up the state pension fund. The bill passed but was rejected as unconstitutional by the Senate (2/27/13). Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/hb416.htm
(3) Co-Sponsored HB 279 (2013) to specify government shall not burden a person’s or religious organization’s freedom of religion Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB279.htm Voted to override Governor Beshear’s veto of HB 279 (3/26/13) that protects religious freedoms. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB279/vote_history.pdf
(4) Failed to vote to defund Planned Parenthood by bringing SB 7 to a vote on the House floor (2/9/16). Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/16rs/House_votes/24_misc_vote.pdf
(5) Co-Sponsored HB 396 (2013) which directed the Transportation cabinet to issue driving permits to nonresidents who are at least 18 years of age and resided in the Commonwealth for at least three years and who cannot prove citizenship or meet the requirements. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB396.htm
More from the Commonwealth Policy Center
From the Blog
Election reform is taking center stage in the Kentucky General Assembly. These reforms would include, four days of early in-person voting and would permit the establishment of county vote centers. These changes were implemented in the 2020 election as a response to...
Our election system and some of its failures were on full display in the 2020 election. Now Congressional Democrats proposed legislation that would give the federal government full control of state election procedures. This 800-page bill would eliminate basic election...
If you’re looking to order a conservative book from Amazon, you may be out of luck. Amazon recently delisted Dr. Ryan T. Anderson’s bestseller When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment. This move comes on the week of a congressional vote that would...
The Commonwealth Minute
The Commonwealth Minute is a daily radio commentary heard on over 40 stations, provides perspective on issues that affect Kentuckians.
Sign up for our mailinglist
And have updates and event information delivered right to your inbox.