Who will represent your values?
Kentucky Attorney General Race
The information below was compiled by voting records and a candidate questionnaire distributed by the Commonwealth Policy Center,
a nonprofit, nonpartisan Kentucky organization.
(1) Even though Stumbo voted yes to the informed consent bill (SB 4) (1/28/16) as Speaker of the House, he originally failed to vote on a procedural motion that would have revived the ultrasound bill. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/16RS/AB4.htm. While Stumbo was Speaker (the most powerful member of the Kentucky House), all but one pro-life bill died. For this reason and for past votes he cannot be relied upon to protect innocent human life.
(2) Sponsored HB 416 (2/27/13) (House Committee Substitute) which expanded gambling in Kentucky by creating two new lottery games. It also expanded digital video slot machines at horse tracks under the auspices of shoring up the state pension fund. The bill passed but was rejected as unconstitutional by the Senate (2/27/13). Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/hb416.htm
(3) Co-Sponsored HB 279 (2013) to specify government shall not burden a person’s or religious organization’s freedom of religion Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB279.htm Voted to override Governor Beshear’s veto of HB 279 (3/26/13) that protects religious freedoms. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB279/vote_history.pdf
(4) Failed to vote to defund Planned Parenthood by bringing SB 7 to a vote on the House floor (2/9/16). Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/16rs/House_votes/24_misc_vote.pdf
(5) Co-Sponsored HB 396 (2013) which directed the Transportation cabinet to issue driving permits to nonresidents who are at least 18 years of age and resided in the Commonwealth for at least three years and who cannot prove citizenship or meet the requirements. Source: www.lrc.ky.gov/record/13rs/HB396.htm
More from the Commonwealth Policy Center
From the Blog
Cancel culture is one of the most destructive movements in our society today. It says that if you hold views that don't align with far-left policies you are hurting others and should be marginalized, lose your job, and your place in society. The latest target of...
Jordan Peterson is a popular author and speaker whose book 12 Rules of Life sold over three million copies. Now his new book 12 More Rules for Life is set to be released in March 2021, but several of the staff at Penguin Random House publishing who identify as LGBT...
Today is the second day of Advent—the time of year when Christians around the world prepare to celebrate the coming of the Savior. Advent comes into greater focus in 2020 where coronavirus has taken the lives of over 1.4 million people worldwide (260,000 in the...
The Commonwealth Minute
The Commonwealth Minute is a daily radio commentary heard on over 40 stations, provides perspective on issues that affect Kentuckians.
Sign up for our mailinglist
And have updates and event information delivered right to your inbox.