Who will represent your values?
Kentucky GOVERNOR Race
The information below was compiled by voting records and a candidate questionnaire distributed by the Commonwealth Policy Center,
a nonprofit, nonpartisan Kentucky organization.
(1) “I’m pro-choice and I support Roe v Wade.” Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2019/05/10/kentucky-primary-elections-2019-governorcandidates-womens-rights-voter-guide/1141533001/ Beshear is also endorsed by the most radical pro-abortion group in AmericaNARAL (National Abortion Rights Action League). Source: www.prochoiceamerica.org/2019/05/20/naral-beshear-endorsement/
(2) Gov. Bevin is the most pro-life governor in Kentucky history. He signed eight pro-life bills into law during his tenure: SB 9, SB 50, HB 5, and HB 148 in 2019; HB 454 in 2018; SB 5, SB 8, and HB 2 in 2017. Source: https://rewire.news/legislative-tracker/state/kentucky/
(3) “I’m for expanded gaming, and it’s time we get it done.” Source: https://www.apnews.com/4ababfd05bb04cacba5a7a14dd9e9171
4 “I think Casino gambling is a sucker’s bet. I think they are a sucker’s bet for states who think that they’re going to be a big boom.” Source: https://www.wave3.com/story/38198544/governorbevin-reacts-to-supreme-court-ruling-on-sports-gambling/
(5) Andy Beshear is endorsed by Planned Parenthood. Source: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-indianakentucky/newsroom/planned-parenthood-statement-on-kentuckyprimary
(6) Attorney General Beshear failed to join other states that filed suit against Pres. Obama’s order to public schools opening locker rooms and restrooms to transgender students. Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/get-access/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.courier-journal.com%2Fstory%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2F2016%2F05%2F27%2Fbeshear-bevin-playing-games-transgenderissue%2F85044302%2F
(7) Source: https://www.courier-journal.com/getaccess/?return=https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/ky-governor/2016/08/22/bevin-hails-transgender-bathroom-rulin/89111832/
More from the Commonwealth Policy Center
From the Blog
The Equality Act has been introduced in the Democratically controlled Congress. The bill adds “gender identity” and “sexual orientation” as protected classes throughout the entire federal code. In essence, it makes one's self-defined sexual preference a protected...
The Kentucky State Legislature is considering a bill that would restrict police use of no-knock warrants. SB 4, sponsored by Senate Pres. Robert Stivers would establish a more rigorous review process for these warrants, which allow officers to enter a residence...
Educational choice is supported by most Kentuckians but the loudest and most powerful voice opposed to it is the teachers union. Union leaders have convinced many states that school choice and especially charter schools sucks money out of the public school system and...
The Commonwealth Minute
The Commonwealth Minute is a daily radio commentary heard on over 40 stations, provides perspective on issues that affect Kentuckians.
Sign up for our mailinglist
And have updates and event information delivered right to your inbox.